There’s no question that newspaper and magazine publishers are facing major disruption. That’s largely due to four major trends that are rapidly changing how people consume print media:
- Consumers are spending more time online. SHAREFrom 2005 to 2010, US consumers spent 74% more time reading online print media. But they also spent 21% less time reading newspapers and 11% less time reading magazines.
- New devices are growing exponentially.The mobile Internet has taken off everywhere, sparking a revolution in customer behavior. Tablet and e-reader shipments continue to be robust, and an increasing percentage of device owners prefer to read digital versions of their favorite newspapers and magazines.
- The audience is increasingly fragmented.Newspapers are being challenged by online aggregators and television networks, as well as by standalone vertical alternatives. Magazines are losing readership to customizable social magazines and digital-only interactive sites.
- New voices are being heard.The Internet has a low cost of entry, and many consumers increasingly have more trust in amateur blogs, social print media, and other user-generated content. They also want to read new, alternative online outlets for hyperlocal news and content.
In parallel to these consumption changes, new modes of advertising have emerged. Many companies have reacted to these trends by cutting costs. Others have begun taking simple steps to adapt their businesses for the digital age. These tactics are understandable and appropriate, but they are not enough.
The Need for Balance
To achieve long-term, sustained, transformational growth, print media companies must balance two goals: maintain or improve margins and invest for the future.
This article comes from bcg edit released
Scope of Technical Textiles in Different Sector:
Technical textiles have brought significant changes in the modern technology. It contributes not only in textile sector but also medical, civil and others engineering sector. Thought technical textiles have attracted considerable attention but the uses of fiber, yarn, fabric for different applications other than clothing and furnishing is not a new phenomenon.
Branches and Application of Technical Textiles:
There are mainly twelve applications of technical textiles which are listed in the below:
- Transport Textiles,
- Medical and Hygiene Textiles,
- Industrial Products and Components,
- Agriculture, Horticulture and Fishing,
- Home Textiles,
- Clothing Components,
- Packaging and Containment,
- Construction – Building and Rooﬁng,
- Geotextiles in Civil Engineering,
- Sport and Leisure,
- Protective and Safety Clothing or Textiles,
- Ecological Protection Textiles.
This article comes from textilechapter edit released
Print Media is a revolutionary evolution that has buried the gap of communication with the aid of tangible printed assets such as newspaper, magazines, letters etc. among various targeted groups of people so that the hierarchy of information would never gets broken down due to slacking conversation. Print media has several sources to destine its significant role among which newspapers and magazines are the gigantic dominants for intermediating information till the date today while business-letters, brochures, bill boards, pamphlets, sign boards, post cards and advertisements play secondary role in catapulting a large audience in one go.
The word ‘print’ connotes written by machine and the term ‘media’ illustrates mode of communication. Thus, print media has been imparting knowledge and information to a strictly targeted huge mass. Along with such conventional sources of print media like newspaper, the power of mass communication has been strengthened. The worry of conveying same information to a large group has been resolved such as an entrepreneur needs not to rewrite again and again the same business letter to his numerous employees for displaying the agenda of his business strategy as his business-letter would brief his motto in one go.
The most vital and significant purpose of print media is to share information as a written interface to a strictly targeted audience for whom the particular set of information or data has been meant for genuinely. It connotes that there would never be any wastage of vital information and the primarily concerned audience would get the maximum benefit from the written data. It serves the commercial motive of advertising any product on one hand, and revealing the credibility of the business on other hand via pamphlets, brochures and newsletters.
For being abreast with the information that is latest, prefer print media as it is the best.
This article comes from aquariusmediaa edit released